RW&CO. SURVEY CONTEST
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST (the “Contest”).
2. All monetary amounts herein are calculated in Canadian dollars.
3. The Contest is open only to individuals who (i) are legal or permanent residents of Canada; (ii) are at least eighteen (18) years of age and have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry and (iii) have received the Invitation E-mail (as defined below) from RW&CO. inviting customers to participate in the Contest (collectively, the “Contestants”), except the directors, officers, agents and employees of Reitmans (Canada) Limited (the owner of the “RW&CO.” division) and all of its affiliated and associated entities and divisions (collectively, “Reitmans”), their respective advertising and promotional agencies and all members of their respective immediate families living in the same household and any other persons with whom they are domiciled. For greater certainty, it is understood that Contestants who are minors in their province or territory of residence are not eligible to enter the Contest.
4. By entering the Contest, each Contestant accepts the terms and conditions of these Contest rules and regulations (the “Rules”) and agrees to be bound by them. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
5. The Contest offer will only be open online at http://tinyurl.com/qxu2omy to Contestants who receive an invitation e-mail (the “Invitation E-mail”) from RW&CO. from October 26, 2015 at 07:01 a.m. (Eastern time) to November 8, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern time) (the “Entry Deadline”), the whole as more fully set forth in Section 6 below.
6. In order to enter for a chance to win the one (1) Prize (defined below), each Contestant must, by the Entry Deadline:
- Open the Invitation E-mail;
- Click on the text “Click Here” found on the artwork of the Invitation E-mail where he or she will be redirected to the Contest page (the “Contest Page”);
- Fill in the online entry form by:
- answering all of the survey questions found on the Contest Page (the “Survey”);
- providing all required contact information;
- correctly answering the Skill-Testing Question (defined below) contained therein;
- checking-off a box confirming that he or she has read, understood and agrees with the Rules;
- only if he or she so chooses, checking-off a box indicating that he or she opts-in to receive notifications via e-mail about upcoming promotions offered by Reitmans (for greater certainty, a Contestant is not obligated to check-off the box in question and entry in the Contest is not conditional upon a Contestant checking-off such box and opting-in to receive such notifications); and
- Click “Submit”.
7. RW&CO. reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant whose Survey contains, whether in whole or in part, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, profane, lewd, violent, illegal, fraudulent, graphic or vulgar content, slander, nudity, violates any other party’s proprietary rights, promotes hatred, otherwise gives rise to a criminal offence or civil liability on the part of any person or entity, or that is otherwise unlawful or is otherwise deemed by RW&CO., in its sole and absolute discretion, to be offensive or inappropriate or inconsistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest or with the RW&CO. and/or Reitmans brand.
8. All eligible entries for the Contest must be received by RW&CO. by the Entry Deadline, must comply with the terms hereof and must have a correctly answered Skill-Testing Question. All entries become the property of Reitmans. Any entries by third parties, or generated by a script, macro or by any other automated means whatsoever (including, without limitation, any electronic, robotic or computer automated or automatic contest entry program, tool, service, script, bot, macro, system or software, whether commercially developed or otherwise), or that contain typographical errors, are altered, tampered with, incomplete, inaccurate, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with the Rules, will be considered null and void and will cause the disqualification of such Contestant from the Contest. Repeated violations of the foregoing may render such Contestant ineligible for future contests or promotions offered by RW&CO. and/or Reitmans. Odds of winning a Prize will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received by the applicable Entry Deadline.
9. ONLY ONE (1) ENTRY PER CONTESTANT IS PERMITTED. All additional entries will be disqualified. For greater certainty, it is understood that all additional entries or any attempt by an Contestant to make more than one (1) entry whether by using multiple e-mail accounts, identities, registrations, or any other methods, will be considered null and void and will cause the disqualification of such Contestant from the Contest. Repeated violations of the foregoing may render such Contestant ineligible for future contests or promotions offered by RW&CO. and/or Reitmans.
10. One (1) prize (the “Prize”) will be awarded consisting of one or more RW&CO. gift cards (the “Gift Cards”) having an aggregate value of one hundred dollars ($100.00) which may be used at any participating RW&CO. store across Canada (each a “Store”, collectively, the “Stores”). The total retail value of the Prize is one hundred dollars ($100.00).
11. For the purposes of awarding the Prize, a random draw will be conducted at the head office of RW&CO. in Montréal, Québec on November 13, 2015 at approximately 11:00 a.m. (Eastern time) (the “Draw Date”), in order to select the one (1) Prize winner (the “Prize Winner”) from among all of the eligible entries received by the Entry Deadline.
12. For the purposes of claiming a Prize, the Prize Winner will be contacted by e- mail within five (5) business days of the applicable Draw Date (the “Claim Date”). If a selected Prize Winner cannot be reached by the Claim Date for any reason whatsoever, such selected Prize Winner will be disqualified and deemed to have forfeited the Prize without any prize replacement, reimbursement or substitution of any kind whatsoever and in such circumstances, RW&CO. may decide, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select a new Prize Winner by a random draw conducted by RW&CO. until such time as contact is made by e-mail with such newly selected Prize Winner. RW&CO. will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected Prize Winner for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation if any e-mail communication is unsuccessful or returned as undeliverable. If all or part of the Prize cannot be awarded to a selected Prize Winner due to actions or circumstances beyond the control of Reitmans, Reitmans may decide, in its sole and absolute discretion, to award a substitute prize (or substitute prizes) of equal or greater retail value.
13. RW&CO. reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any Contestant or Prize Winner. In addition to the eligibility qualifications set forth in Section 3, the Prize Winner must comply with the Rules and correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question (without the assistance of another person or mechanical device) (the “Skill-Testing Question”) included as part of the entry form referred to in Section 6c)(iii) and/or the Release (defined below) and/or administered by a representative of RW&CO. during a pre-arranged, mutually convenient telephone call and/or as otherwise may be provided by RW&CO. In addition to the foregoing and in order to be eligible to receive the Prize awarded hereunder, the Prize Winner may be required to execute a full release and affidavit of eligibility in a form to be provided by RW&CO. which, inter alia, relieves Reitmans from any and all liability for injury associated with the Prize or any component thereof awarded to such Prize Winner, as well as satisfy any and all laws and regulations and other criteria required by the Prize Winner’s province or territory of residence (the “Release”). Should the Prize Winner not comply with the Rules, decline the Prize or any part thereof for any reason whatsoever, not claim the Prize by the Claim Date, incorrectly answer the Skill-Testing Question, not execute any required Release, or otherwise fail to satisfy any requirement or eligibility qualification contained herein, the Prize Winner will be disqualified and deemed to have forfeited his or her Prize without any prize replacement, reimbursement or substitution of any kind whatsoever and in such circumstances, Reitmans will have no further obligation to the Prize Winner in question and may decide, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select a new Prize Winner as set forth in Section 12 and the terms and conditions of Section 12, Section 13 and Section 14 herein will apply mutatis mutandis to such newly selected Prize Winner.
14. The Prize Winner will be entitled to be awarded his or her Prize on the date on which the eligibility qualifications of the Prize Winner have been satisfied in accordance with Section 13 herein (the “Award Date”). The Prize will be sent to the Prize Winner by registered mail or courier to the address provided by the Prize Winner (a signed acknowledgment of receipt at the delivery location will be required) within ten (10) business days of the Award Date. Reitmans reserves the right to modify, in its sole and absolute discretion, the method of delivery of the Prize to a Prize Winner in the event that delivery as described in this Section 14 is not possible due to any cause beyond the control of Reitmans. The name of the Prize Winner may appear on www.rwandco.com (the “Website”) and/or any other RW&CO. and/or Reitmans online social networking and media marketing web pages for no less than thirty (30) days following the Award Date.
15. No cash, product substitution or prize equivalent will be permitted. A Prize cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other contest or offer. A Prize must be accepted as is, and cannot be redeemed for cash, prepaid gift card or any other gift cards of any kind, in whole or in part. No component of a Prize may be returned after pick-up or delivery, as applicable. No rainchecks will be provided. No refund or compensation of any costs or expenses incurred by a Prize Winner will be made. Choices of styles, sizes, colours and types of products and merchandise which may be purchased with a Gift Card are subject to availability at the Stores.
16. If, by reason of a typographical or other error, more Prizes are claimed than the number set forth in the Rules, all individuals making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random draw to award the advertised number of Prizes available. No more than one (1) Prize will be awarded in total in connection with the Contest.
18. All expenses related or incidental to the receipt and use of the Prize, including any and all surcharges, fees, taxes (federal, provincial or local), and any travel or transportation costs (whether ground, air or otherwise) will be the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all fees, costs and expenses of any kind whatsoever not specifically stated herein to be the responsibility of Reitmans, will be the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner and no refund of or compensation for any such fees, costs and expenses incurred by the Prize Winner will be made. The Prize and every component thereof is non-refundable, non-transferable and may not be reissued or revalidated in whole or in part.
19. Reitmans will not be responsible for lost, stolen, mutilated, late, misdirected or ineligible entries that may occur in the administration of the Contest. RW&CO. will not be responsible under any conditions whatsoever for any problems or technical malfunctions relating to the Contest, for any printing or typographical errors or problems in connection with any Contest-related materials, or for any computer, online, human or technical malfunctions that may occur in the administration of the Contest, including problems with the Invitation E-Mail, the Contest Page, the Website, any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by RW&CO. on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to a Contestant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Contest or downloading any Contest-related materials.
20. Subject to a contrary ruling by the Régie (defined below), if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to (i) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, technical malfunctions or any other causes corrupting or affecting the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest whether in connection with the Invitation E‑Mail, the Contest Page, the Website or otherwise, (ii) insufficient entries, or (iii) due to any other cause beyond the control of RW&CO., RW&CO. reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify an individual and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part and/or modify the Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, RW&CO. reserves the right to prohibit a Contestant from participating in the Contest if it determines that said Contestant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other Contestants. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANYONE TO DAMAGE OR DISRUPT THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST WILL BE CONSIDERED A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, RW&CO. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
21. In the event of any dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, entries will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted during entry, but only if he or she meets all other eligibility criteria contained in the Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institutional, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e- mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Prize Winner may be required to provide RW&CO. and/or Reitmans with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry, or forfeit the Prize.
22. All Contestants assume all liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest, or the use or misuse of the Prize granted herein, including any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, costs, actions and causes of action with respect to the Prize (including without limitation, in connection with travel, if applicable). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by entering the Contest, Contestants release and forever discharge Reitmans and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, advisors, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, franchisees, licensees, advertising and promotional agencies, successors and assigns from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, costs, actions and causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising in connection with the Contest or resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the Prize or any component thereof granted herein or any other prize that may be awarded in connection with the Contest, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
23. It is each Contestant’s sole responsibility to notify RW&CO. in writing at the address indicated above if he or she changes his or her telephone number, e-mail or mailing address or any other contact information. All such corrections to the contact information of a Contestant must be received by the applicable Entry Deadline.
24. To the extent permitted by applicable law, if any of the terms of the Rules are or become invalid, are ruled illegal by the Régie or any court of competent jurisdiction or are deemed unenforceable under the then current applicable laws, it is the intention of the parties hereto that the remainder of the Rules will not be affected thereby and will remain in full force and effect.
25. For Québec Contestants, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
26. For an additional set of the Rules and/or the Prize Winner’s name, visit the Website or send a written request by self-addressed, stamped envelope (ensure that sufficient postage is included) to: Reitmans (Canada) Limited, 250 Sauvé Street West, Montréal, Québec H3L 1Z2; ATTENTION: RW&CO. Customer Service.