RW & CO SURVEY CONTEST
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST (the “Contest”).
- All monetary amounts herein are calculated in Canadian dollars.
- The Contest is open to all residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside, except the directors, officers, agents and employees of Reitmans (Canada) Limited (the owner of the “RW & CO” division) andall of its affiliated and associated entities and divisions (collectively, “Reitmans”), their advertising and promotional agencies and all members of their respective immediate families living in the same household.
- By entering the Contest, each entrant accepts the terms and conditions of these Contest
rules and regulations (the “Rules”) and agrees to be bound by them. The Contest is
subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. The Contest is
void where prohibited by law. All entrants must be Canadian residents.
The Contest will be open online only at http://bit.ly/1Jycnv8 (the “Survey Website”) to customers who receive an invitation e-mail (the “Invitation E-mail”) from July 30, 2015 at 7:01 a.m. (Eastern time) to August 9, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern time) (the “Entry Deadline”).
- In order to enter for a chance to win the one (1) Grand Prize (defined below), each entrant must, by the Entry Deadline:
- Open the Invitation E-mail;
- Click on the text “Click Here” found on the artwork of the Invitation E-mail that announces the online survey (the “Survey”) relating to the Contest;
- Complete the Survey in its entirety, including with all required contact information and the correct answer to the Skill-Testing Question (defined below) included therein;
- Check-off a box confirming that he or she has read and agreed to the Rules;
- Click on the “Next” button to submit the Survey.
- One (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) will be awarded consisting of one or more RW & CO gift card (the “Gift Cards”) having an aggregate value of one hundred dollars ($100.00) which may be used at all participating RW & CO store across Canada (each a “Store”, collectively, the “Stores”). The total retail value of the Grand Prize is one hundred dollars ($100.00).
- No cash, product substitution or prize equivalent will be permitted. The Grand Prize cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other contest or offer. The Grand Prize must be accepted as is, and cannot be redeemed for cash or other Gift Cards, in whole or in part. No component of the Grand Prize may be returned after pick-up or delivery, as applicable. Choices of styles, sizes, colours and types of products which may be purchased with a Gift Card are subject to availability at the Stores. No rain checks will be provided.
- All eligible entries for the Contest must be received by RW & CO by the Entry Deadline, must comply with the terms hereof and must have a correctly answered Skill-Testing Question. Only one (1) entry per entrant is permitted. All additional entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Reitmans. Any entries by third parties, or generated by a script, macro or by any other automated means whatsoever (including, without limitation, any electronic, robotic or computer automated or automatic contest entry program, tool, service, script, bot, macro, system or software, whether commercially developed or otherwise), or that contain typographical errors, are altered, tampered with, incomplete, inaccurate, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with the Rules, will be considered null and void and will cause the disqualification of such entrant from the Contest. Repeated violations of the foregoing may render such entrant ineligible for future contests or promotions offered by RW & CO and/or Reitmans. Odds of winning the Grand Prize will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received by the Entry Deadline.
- For the purposes of awarding the Grand Prize, a random draw will be conducted at the head office of RW & CO in Montréal, Québec on September 10, 2015 at approximately 11:00 a.m. (Eastern time) (the “Draw Date”), in order to select the one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all of the eligible entries received by the Entry Deadline.
- For the purposes of claiming the Grand Prize, the selected Grand Prize winner will be contacted by telephone or e-mail within five (5) business days of the Draw Date (the “Claim Date”). If the selected winner cannot be reached by the Claim Date, the selected winner will be disqualified and another winner will be selected by a random draw conducted by RW & CO until such time as contact is made by telephone or e-mail, with a selected winner. RW & CO will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected winner. If all or part of the Grand Prize cannot be awarded due to actions or circumstances beyond the control of RW & CO, a substitute prize (or substitute prizes) of equal or greater retail value may be awarded at RW & CO’ sole and absolute discretion.
- RW & CO reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner must comply with the Rules and correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question (without the assistance of another person or mechanical device) (the “Skill-Testing Question”) referred to in Section 5.c, and/or administered by a representative of RW & CO during a pre-arranged, mutually convenient telephone call and/or as otherwise may be provided by RW & CO In addition to the foregoing and in order to be eligible to receive the Grand Prize awarded hereunder, the Grand Prize winner must execute a full release and affidavit of eligibility in a form to be provided by RW & CO which, inter alia, relieves Reitmans from any and all liability for injury associated with the Grand Prize granted herein, as well as satisfy any and all laws and regulations and other criteria required by the Grand Prize winner’s province or territory of residence (the “Release”). Should the Grand Prize winner not comply with the Rules, not claim his or her Grand Prize by the Claim Date, incorrectly answer the Skill-Testing Question, not execute the Release, or otherwise fail to satisfy any requirement contained herein, an alternate Grand Prize winner will be selected by a random draw conducted by RW & CO and the terms and conditions of Section 10 and Section 11 herein will apply mutatis mutandis to such new winner.
- The Grand Prize winner will be entitled to be awarded the Grand Prize on the date on which the eligibility qualifications of the Grand Prize winner have been satisfied in accordance with Section 11 herein (the “Award Date”). The Grand Prize will be sent to the Grand Prize winner by registered mail or courier to the address provided by the Grand Prize winner (a signed acknowledgment of receipt at the delivery location will be required) within ten (10) business days of the Award Date. Reitmans reserves the right to modify, in its sole and absolute discretion, the method of delivery of the Grand Prize to the Grand Prize winner in the event that the Grand Prize cannot be sent to the Grand Prize winner as described in this Section 13 due to any cause beyond the control of Reitmans. The name of the Grand Prize winner may appear on www.RW & CO.com (the “Website”) and/or RW & CO’ and/or Reitmans’ online social networking and media marketing web pages for no less than thirty (30) days following the Award Date.
- If, by reason of a typographical or other error, more Grand Prizes are claimed than the number set forth in the Rules, all individuals making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random draw to award the advertised number of Grand Prizes available. No more than one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in connection with the Contest.
- All expenses related or incidental to the receipt and use of the Grand Prize, including any and all surcharges, taxes (federal, provincial and local), and travel or transportation costs (whether ground, air or otherwise) between the Grand Prize winner’s residence and any Store, will be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all fees, costs and expenses of any kind whatsoever not specifically stated herein to be the responsibility of Reitmans, will be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. No refund or compensation of any costs or expenses incurred by the Grand Prize winner will be made. The Grand Prize and every component thereof is non-refundable, non-transferable and may not be reissued or revalidated in whole or in part.
- Reitmans will not be responsible for lost, stolen, mutilated, late, misdirected Surveys, Invitation E-mails or ineligible entries that may occur in the administration of the Contest. Reitmans will not be responsible under any conditions whatsoever for any technical problems or technical malfunctions relating to the Contest or for any printing or typographical errors or problems in connection with any Contest-related materials, including any computer, online, human or technical malfunctions that may occur in the administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, with respect to the Survey Website. Subject to a contrary ruling by the Régie (defined below), if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, technical malfunctions, any act corrupting or affecting the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest or otherwise, or due to any other cause beyond the control of Reitmans, Reitmans reserves the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to disqualify an individual and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify the Rules. Any attempt by anyone to damage or disrupt the Contest will be considered a violation under criminal and civil law. Reitmans reserves the right to seek damages or other remedies against such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- In the event of any dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, entries will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted during entry. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A Grand Prize winner may be required to provide RW & CO and/or Reitmans with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry, or forfeit his or her Grand Prize.
- All entrants assume all liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest, or the use or misuse of the Grand Prize granted herein or any other prize that may be awarded in connection with the Contest, including any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, costs, actions and causes of action with respect to the Grand Prize (including without limitation, in connection with travel, if applicable). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by entering the Contest, entrants release and forever discharge Reitmans and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, advisors, employees, officers, directors, shareholders and representatives, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, costs, actions and causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising in connection with the Contest or resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the Grand Prize granted herein or any other prize that may be awarded in connection with the Contest, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- It is each entrant’s sole responsibility to notify RW & CO in writing at the address indicated above if he or she changes his or her telephone number, e-mail or mailing address or any other contact information. All corrections to the contact information of an entrant must be received by the Entry Deadline.
- If any terms of the Rules are or become invalid, are ruled illegal by the Régie (defined below) or any court of competent jurisdiction, or are deemed unenforceable under the then current applicable laws, it is the intention of the parties hereto that the remainder of the Rules will not be affected thereby and will remain in full force and effect.
- For Québec entrants, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- For an additional set of the Rules and/or the Contest winner’s name, visit the Website or send a written request by self-addressed, stamped envelope (ensure that sufficient postage is included) to: Reitmans (Canada) Limited, 250 Sauvé Street West, Montréal, Québec H3L 1Z2, ATTENTION: RW & CO Customer Service.